Oracle Database Administrator
- Job Ref: 3767
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewWe are looking for a Oracle Database Administrator for a 6 months rolling contract for our client based in Dublin City Center.
Some details about the project:
You will be joining the Information Systems Division to supplement its existing in-house resource and to assist in the analysis, development and maintenance of information systems.
Your main responsibilities on this project will be:
- Implement updates and maintain revisions to logical and physical models in distributed development environments
- Liaise with Oracle customer service and technical support as necessary
- Design, development, tuning and maintenance of packages and procedures in both Oracle and Oracle Spatial
- Manage database security including access control and backup / restoration
- Administer corporate and sectoral databases across development, UAT, pre-live and live environments
- Ensure compliance with Oracle licence agreement
- Assist with the management of the Department’s GIS resources, including database integration where required
- Provide expert technical advice and support to Java development teams and analysts interfacing to PL/SQL and Oracle
- Troubleshoot issues within a J2EE Development environment interfacing to GIS technologies and Oracle/Oracle Spatial
- Database monitoring and performance optimisation
- Tuning and Optimising Oracle and Oracle Spatial queries
- Data and Spatial Data loading
- Remote management of database services
It is required that you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or another relevant field.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) in Oracle 10g or higher
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with Oracle Application Server (AS)
*Only applicants eligible to work in Ireland are considered for this position.