Oracle Database Administrator
- Job Ref: 2934
- Location: dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewI am looking for a talented Oracle Database Administrator for a 6 months contract my client, a leading outsourcing company.
If you have the above skills:
- Facilitating the achievement of goals established for the projects to which assigned,
- Assisting with database design and implementation,
- Development and maintenance of package code / stored procedures on an ongoing basis to support development teams across the Department,
- Troubleshooting and resolving database problems, including database tuning
- Determination of any shortcomings of database system and recommending improvements,
- Advising developers on best practice and optimal approach in the use of PL/SQL,
- Provision of support for data analysis and data-driven decision making,
- Completing assigned tasks related to phases of development lifecycle of enterprise applications within given scope and timeframe requirements,
- Developing customised reports,
- Mentoring and facilitating skills transfer to Department staff,
- Any other tasks which are considered by the Department to be appropriate to the role.
- Database design from concept to implementation; specifically, on multiple schema and multiple instance environments.
- Development and maintenance of PL/SQL packages making full use of the latest features of PL/SQL, with specific emphasis on advanced PL/SQL.
- Monitoring performance and tuning 3-tier Oracle applications in liaison with DBA team.
- Formulating and implementing design and coding standards for PL/SQL.
- Deployment patch scripting.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle Forms.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle Reports.
- Formulating and implementing design and coding standards for Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports and Oracle Discoverer Reports.
- Proficiency in Toad and/or PL/SQL Developer.
*Only applicants eligible to work in Ireland are considered for this position.