Operative for Network Operations Centre
- Job Ref: 2319
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
My Client, one of the biggest Irish centre of excellence providing, procuring and coordinating a range of service supports, is looking urgently to hire Operatives for Network Operations Centre (NOC) based in Dublin City Centre for initially 12 months contract.
- Minimum qualification – MCP certificate
- Knowledge of:
- Open Source,
- RDS Server.
Your responsibilities includes:
- Service Desk
- Monitor Service Desk and tickets as they come in from Customers (by service desk, by phone, by email, from monitoring station)
- Ticket management
- Liaise with Customers on Tickets to gather more information and details
- Determine where the issue lies
- Work with customers and NOC team to expedite a resolution
- Resolve if possible
- Pass ticket to 2nd level support if required
- Assign Ticket to Companys staff
- Pass support call to 2nd/3rd level external company and liaise with them.
- Provide 1st level support to Companys customers
- Monitoring Station
- Monitor NOC Dashboard
- Respond to alerts from NOC Dashboard Monitoring System
- Ability to create technical documentation and process documents
- Patching of windows servers and products
- Build of servers
- Follow Companys Process documents
- Racking and building servers to Companys requirements including cabling etc.
- Work with VMware on creating and managing servers
- Performance Monitoring
- Monitoring of VMware – VCS/Database/Backups
- Setting up backups on servers
- Daily review of backups including the changing of tapes
- Monitoring backup device
- Highlight backup issues and re-run when required.
- Support of Companys Hosting and Shared Services
- Follow Companys process Documents
- Provide support to the NOC staff when required.
- Work as part of the Companys NOC team
- Integrate with current Companys NOC members
- Active Directory Management
- Create/modify and manage access control for active directory users
- Support Group policy
o Creating, modifying and testing PowerShell scripts.