- Job Ref: 2065
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The client is a global provider of integrated mobile solutions with offices in ten countries, operations in over 20 countries and a turnover in excess of €110million. Working in partnership with its clients, my client eenables businesses to drive new revenue streams, improve customer communication, build brand awareness and increase customer loyalty.
The Operations team is responsible for supporting client solutions which have been built upon the companys product suite. The team act as the primary point of contact for support and operations services including liaising with customers, monitoring and technical support.
The Operations Engineer role within this team will involve problem analysis and technical troubleshooting. The operations engineer will be required to resolve issues or to engage with the Group Technology team to help in resolving issues. Responsibility for and management of trouble tickets will also be required.
- Dedicated Operations Engineer delivering key operational support
- Evaluation of system performance and metrics to determine if proactive action needs to be taken
- Technical troubleshooting and problem solving
- Trouble Ticket Management to resolution
- Technical specialisation on Products
- Escalation to and liaising with Group Technology (3rd level)
- Keep clients updated on the status of any open issues and managing expectations in line with SLAs
· 3rd level qualification in a numerate discipline, ideally computer related
· Experience with Linux Systems Administration in an Operations or DevOps environment
· DB knowledge particularly MySQL
· Scripting experience, e.g. bash/PHP
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Provide Systems support on Production Services to resolve issues ensuring a great customer experience
- A self-starter, with the ability to learn and understand complex systems without difficulty
- A good team player, have the ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support.
- Some experience with source code control e.g git , CVS , etc
- Software development experience – C++, PHP
- Experience with database administration
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days annual leave