On-site Support Engineer Dublin
- Job Ref: 4945
- Location: Gorey, Ireland
- Type: Contract
Key elements of the role
· Provide client support and technical issue resolution to all end users in a global environment. Support includes desktop applications, mobile devices, collaboration and productivity infrastructure via face-to-face support, E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Hardware build activities of standard builds.
- Software deployment of standard builds to clients.
- Server management alert monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Network alert monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Maintain security and compliance levels in line with security policies.
- Print management.
- Telephony support.
- Liaise with other Global Technology Services teams and other Business Unit IT personnel on escalations and service delivery.
- Collaborate with 3rd level teams on projects, new technology testing and piloting and assisting with new rollouts.
- Liaise with external third party Service Providers.
- Register and updating user support calls in the Call Management System – LANDesk Service Desk.
- Report on support performance in line with IT Service Level Agreements.
Requirements for the role
- Degree in IT or relevant work experience.
- MCP/MCSE/CCNA/ITIL Foundation would be advantageous but not necessary.
Skills & experience
- Focused on and driven to provide the highest quality of customer service.
- Highly developed spoken and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to cover opposite work patterns, daytime only, Monday to Friday.
- Commitment to provide a high quality and professional service.
- Ability to work as part of a team or to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
- Ability to prioritise work tasks and work to SLA’s.
- Creative and effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Eager to self-learn.
- Good communication skills.
- The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
- A team player who has the ability to motivate others, making it fun while getting the job done.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work.
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers – willing to challenge the status quo.
- Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions – able to trend issues.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Demonstrates responsibility for own continuing development of skills for knowledge and information management in the context of work.
- Recognises that reflecting on experiences can help develop new insights which can improve own performance and help others to benefit from their experience through knowledge sharing.