On-site Support Engineer
- Job Ref: 4823
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
- Provide support to our existing customer base remotely
- Ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Work on scheduled calls as assigned by the Service Desk Lead in the time allocated.
- Provide call back support for overflow calls during busy periods.
- Perform on-site and remote system health checks and new site survey’s when scheduled.
- Assist in the provision of root cause analysis and problem resolution on issues to ensure that incidents do not repeat.
- Participate in client meetings to update on service issues and provide a technical roadmap to clients.
- Provide detailed technical knowledge, particularly in relation to infrastructure, email, virtualisation and cloud technologies.
- Generate technical documentation, e.g. client-specific best practice guides.
- Provide advanced support of Client issues across the full range of implemented technologies
- Provide mentoring to more junior team members and assist them in their development through imparting knowledge and answering queries
- Familiarise yourself and become proficient in the use of the ConnectWise PSA system
- Update and maintain all customer site documentation and configuration information in ConnectWise
- Maintain the ConnectWise customer information database with all customer site documentation
- Be professional, polite, courteous and clear when dealing with customers via telephone and email
Competencies (Technical and Behavioural)
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in similar role
- Experience with Office 365 Migrations
- Excellent technical knowledge of server hardware and Microsoft Server operating systems
- Have good technical understanding of networking technologies
- Microsoft MCSA certification, Cisco CCNA certification and Meraki CNMA certification a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (desktop and servers) and related applications (Exchange, RDS, SQL, AD, SCCM,).
- Knowledge of Hyper-V or competing virtualization platform
- Knowledge of Azure and other cloud platforms