On-site IT Support Engineer
- Job Ref: 5089
- Location: Celbridge, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Onsite IT/Network Administrator
We provide managed services IT Support to the SME & Education sector. We were established in 2009 and have been growing rapidly ever since. We are currently contracted to provide onsite support to a number of Educational Training Boards in the Leinster region with upwards of 60 sites varying in size from 10 users to 1000 users.
This role is initially a contract position for 10 months which may become a permanent full-time position as an Onsite IT/Network Administrator, based with one of our South Dublin Clients.
If you are looking to take your career in the areas of technical support and project implementation to the next level, we want to talk to you.
We want positive people who work hard in a team but can use their own initiative and take ownership.
Onsite Network Administrator role will perform all client service actions that are delivered at the customer’s site. These include: Break Fix, Desk Side Support, remote support, etc. This role combines good level technical skills with an emphasis on the delivery of a high level of customer service. This role involves a combination of traveling to customers premises throughout the Leinster region and remote support where possible.
- Understand our customer’s ICT infrastructure, business systems, and information and security requirements.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure customers network by ensuring patching and AV standards are in place recommending audits where appropriate. Monitoring & maintaining documentation.
- Influence user behaviour to reduce security risks providing references and support.
- Perform upgrades conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Be cost aware and keep the best interest of the customer in mind at all times.
- Maintain relevant knowledge levels to ensure new technology and opportunities can be identified to enhance the customer’s IT operations.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for and accomplishing new and different requests or cases on an ad hoc basis
- Look Smart.
- Be Responsible.
- Have the ability to see it from our Customers point of view.
- Great talker, thinker and planner.
- Be Positive.
- Be a Multi tasker.
- Follow the rules but suggest better ones.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working in an IT support and (or)project implementation role
- A relevant 3rd level qualification is preferable.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016 or 2019
- MCP / MCITP Windows 7-10 / MCDST / MCSA /MCSE
- Good knowledge of Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint.
- Experience with Firewalls, Routers & Managed Switches.
- Knowledge of wired & wireless networking protocols.
- Basic understanding of the purpose and operation of software distribution technologies (e.g. SCCM / MDT)
- Good knowledge of Hyper-V and Azure.
- Knowledge of DR & Backup Solutions
- Good working knowledge of ESET Antivirus
- Excellent English Written & Oral communication skills are essential.
- Good trouble shooting skills.
- Microsoft or other industry standard certifications are desirable.
- Full Clean Irish Driving licence, Company transport can be provided if necessary.