On-site IT Engineer
- Job Ref: 2925
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
My client, Irish Managed Services Company based in West Dublin, is looking to hire an on-site IT Engineer. The company strives to offer an enjoyable work experience; a family friendly company offering Health Care and Pension benefits to all full-time employees along with regular social activities and outings.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate network performance, availability & utilization, implementing alerting, features and reporting in ESA where applicable.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure customers network by ensuring patching and AV standards are in place recommending audits where appropriate. Monitoring via ESA & maintaining documentation.
- Perform minor upgrades conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements. Refer opportunities for project work to the Internal RM.
- Maintain relevant knowledge levels to ensure new technology and opportunities can be identified to enhance the customer’s IT operations.
- Flexible Hours, role is 5 days over 7
Required Skills and Experience:
- Clean driving licence is required.
- 2-5 years’ experience working in an IT support and/or project implementation role.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008, 2012.
- Good knowledge of Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync/Skype.
- Experience with Firewalls, Routers & Managed Switches.
- Knowledge of wired & wireless networking protocols.
- Good knowledge of Hyper-V and Azure.
- Knowledge of DR & Backup Solutions.
- Good working knowledge of McAfee Antivirus.
- Microsoft or other industry standard certifications are desirable.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification is preferable.
- Good salary depending on experience
- Private Health
- Training budget
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.