Network & Voice Engineer
- Job Ref: 2061
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Description: Network and Voice Engineer
Network Engineer Job Purpose: To Establish and maintain a global network and its performance by building modern network configurations and connections, troubleshooting network problems and being able to multitask. Also to provide good and proper maintenance of a global telephony solution.
Our client is a dynamic and growing Global 3PL/4PL company. It is a lean employment environment and as a result the NE team has to be an efficient and flexible working team. The ability to multitask and work under various time restricting pressures is a critical element of the employment. Over the coming years they will grow and the Engineers who work with us will be part of and critical to this growth.
Network Voice Engineer Job Essential Functions:
- Works with members of other IT groups, peers, and management to solve systems-related issues for internal and external customers.
- Implement changes for systems for security and compliance as defined by compliance and security team.
- Performs system upgrades; install OS, maintenance releases, critical fixes and service packs; assist with application upgrades, installations and systems monitoring.
- Define, create and deliver documentation - hardware/software configurations, change control, downtime/availability, problem/resolution, procedures, resource usage, etc.
- Network administration, to include the OS, for the following environment: Voice, Video, Switches, Routers, access points, Load Balancers, Firewall.
- 2nd/3rdlevel support to production Support and Branch office IT personnel on network related issues.
- Network interfaces - LAN/WAN interfaces; troubleshoot LAN and TCP/IP issues on servers; DNS and DHCP configuration and troubleshooting.
- Manage and maintain the BGP WAN backbone of the company.
- Wireless network configuration and management.
- Participate in global support on-call rotation to support the various geographic plants and locations.
- Proactively watches emails for alert notifications from the service desk and resolves or escalates these as required.
- Provides change management support during the weekend when on call.
- Actively participate, enforce, and follow Change, Incident, and Problem management processes.
- Willingness to devise creative solutions to solve complex problems and issues.
- Perform consistently, and contributes beyond the assigned tasks.
- Dedicate themselves to learn and improve upon the existing methods of carrying out Network Engineer functions.
- Work with their team and internal and external customers in a professional manner at all times.
- Quantity and quality of work, work with their team and internal and external customers, to maintain their technical skills to match future requirements of the position.
- Provides technical recommendations to client systems administrators and application owners.
- Responsibility to prioritize tasks with input from managers and senior technical support engineers.
- Manages multiple tasks, reports progress, and meets assigned deadlines.
- Maintains detailed implementation documentation and updates as needed.
- Travel required to support systems during upgrades and other systems events.
- Capable of working alone in a proactive manner without supervision.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5-6 years of experience installing and configuring networks and telephony systems.
- Has a strong background in VoIP, TDM, SIP systems.
- Has enterprise level experience in integrating various PABX systems.
- Has a detailed understanding of Least Cost Routing.
- Can advise on best methods of implementing and managing Voice networks in an efficient and financially sound manner.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise under pressure.
- Experience installing, configuring, customizing and supporting enterprise applications such as (switches, Routers, access points, Load Balancers, Firewall).
- System administration experience is preferred.
- Previous experience following change management and change control processes.
- Strong troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment effectively.
- CCNP certified.