Network & Systems Security Engineer
- Job Ref: 4599
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Purpose of the role:
We require a keen, experienced networks and systems security engineer to provide support for our customers’ ICT infrastructure. This role is part of our dedicated Security Team. You will need to have a broad technical background with good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and previous experience in a similar role.
Role and responsibilities:
- Providing 2nd Level Support to a broad range of clients on security focused technologies.
- Accepting escalations from Level 1 engineers.
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions.
- Responsible for complying with all ISMS Policies and Procedures within Trilogy and support the ISMS continuous improvement process.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as a part of a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Available to work out of hours / weekends if necessary.
- Logical thinker.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
Education and experience:
- Network security – strong experience managing and delivery solutions like VPN connections, IPS systems, web filtering, firewall policies and rules, reverse proxy systems, WAFs. Experience on vendors like Fortinet, Checkpoint and Cisco is preferred. Holding an active certification would be highly advantageous.
- Network routing and switching technologies - experience on working with vendors like Cisco and HP
- Microsoft OS - experience working on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 systems
- Active Directory - experience on managing AD services and features
- Office 365 – basic experience working with O365 environments
- Security related certification are a plus
- Wireless networking and security - experience on working with vendors like Fortinet, Cisco and Meraki is a plus
- Remote access solutions – experience on working with vendors like Citrix XenApp and Microsoft RDS is a plus
- Exposure to security testing solution like Kali linux are a plus
- Exposure to scripting language like PowerShell and bash are a plus