Network & Security Engineer
- Job Ref: 4841
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We require a keen, experienced systems engineer to provide support on customers’ ICT infrastructure. This role is part of our dedicated Service Desk and Support team. You will need to have a broad technical background with good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Providing 2nd Level Support to a broad range of clients and a broad range of technologies.
· Accepting escalations from Level 1 engineers.
· Acting as a team lead to lower level engineers providing tuition and advice.
· Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions.
· Responsible for ensuring that they comply with all ISMS Policies and Procedures and support the ISMS continuous improvement process.
· Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
· Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
· Work individually and as a part of a team.
· Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
· Available to work out of hours / weekends if necessary.
· Logical thinker.
· Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
· Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve 95% of issues at the first time of asking.
· Ability to quickly learn new products.
· Good Communication skills.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
· Microsoft Windows Server 2012 / 2016/ 2019
· Exchange Server 2010 / 2013
· Terminal Services / SSL VPN
· Active Directory
· Office 365
· Hypervisor – VMware / Hyper-V
· Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp
· Firewall/Routers - Fort iGATE / SonicWALL / Sophos UTM
· WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing / NAT configurations
· Strong IP/Networking skills (Good understanding of TCP /IP and ISO Model, troubleshooting tools)
· Backup Solutions – Preferably Veeam.
· Good understanding of Server and Storage hardware (i.e. RAID sets on servers, SAN, tape drives).
· MCSA – Windows Server / Office 365.
· VCP – VMware 6.
· SAN experience - Preferably Netapp.
· Azure Experience – Helpful.
· SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014 Experience - Helpful