- Job Ref: 5172
- Location: dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
We are looking for a Network Planner with one of the leading suppliers in the energy space. You will be working on supporting the planning of new and modified customer connections as well as system reinforcements.
The role will be based in Dublin for a period of 9 months. Some travel around Ireland might be required.
As the Network Planner, your responsibilities will include:
- Assess customer requirements (both generation and demand customers) or system reinforcement requirements.
- Carry out studies to determine Least Cost Technically Acceptable(LCTA) connection methods for new customers seeking connection to the distribution network
- Ensure all connection applications are processed in line with CRU-approved policies and ESBN Distribution Planning and Security of Supply Standards
- Utilise load flow software(Synergi, Sincal, or others as appropriate ) to determine connection methods and suitability of various reinforcement options
- Complete Investment Appraisals and Technical Approval documents as required
- When required, be the Customer's interface point within Planning and attend new business customer meetings with Commercial/Delivery as appropriate
- Prioritise and prepare Technical Approval documents for network identified for conversion from 10kV to 20kV
- When required, be the interface point on TSO (transmission system operator) interactions for connection agreements for new customer stations
- Assess the impact of new connections with a disturbing aspect on existing networks and make recommendations to mitigate the impact
- Liaise as appropriate with relevant Area Managers and Divisional Managers to ensure that they are aware of new development plans in their regions of responsibility.
This is a daily rate contract at a rate of €300-€350/day