Natural Adabas Developer
- Job Ref: 1783
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
- Design, develop, and test core applications that run on mainframe systems using Natural / Adabas / PL1 / Assembler for General insurance policy admin system
- Analyzes the technical and business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements, to develop a systems solution
- Works closely with business partners to understand business requirements to design quality technical solutions that align with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Be part of Agile Team working closely with Product owner, Scrum Master, Developers and Testers
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Preparation of requirement specification and High/Low level design document
- Responsible for timely delivery of software services rendered to the client
- Liaison between client teams and offshore team for deliveries
- Review & validate the deliverable from the offshore before implementation in production
- Good working experience on leading and managing the Mainframe application design, development and maintenance using Natural, PL1 & Assembler with Adabas as back-end
- Need to demonstrate strong skills in Natural language, ADABAS and JCL.
- Strong working experience in PL1 & Assembler.
- Experience in development tools - Roscoe.
- Experience in Mainframe tools like SAR, Predict, ICETOOL.
- Experience in implementing Software Engineering practices is a must.
- Previous experience leading a team of developers.
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in requirement gathering, designing & writing/planning System test cases.
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of General Insurance Domain business and technical requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationales and build consensus around designs
- Ability and experience at providing different levels of estimates
- Ability to develop innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Proficient in Agile methodologies
- Understanding of business and technical requirements and share the impact analysis.
- Estimate the efforts for the changes and review.
- Create and Review the design and collaborate with the technical architects.
- Implement the changes and fixes.
- Liaise with various stakeholders like Project Manager, Solution Design Team, Testing team and Release management team.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Perform application code/ database query optimization.
- Responsible for providing assistance on or conducting the more complicated walk through of
- Strong skill in collaborating with offsite staffs
- Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff.
- Troubleshoot problems, perform testing/quality assurance and support user acceptance testing to ensure successful project implementations.
- Adhere to standards, design, documentation and testing while maintaining appropriate quality levels.
- Participate in code reviews on others developers' code.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.