MSC Senior Engineer (Tier 2)
- Job Ref: 2791
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
My client, leading telecommunications and information technology services provider, is looking for Senior Engineer (Tier 2) to hire on 6 months contract role based in West Dublin.
- Manage the incidents, events and problems identified proactively by monitoring tools and reactively by customer reports.
- Management of and compliance with customer service and application monitoring SLAs i.e. monitoring of service KPI in line with best practice, emerging trends etc.
- Develop organisational processes to industry standards e.g. ITIL, ISO27001 etc.
- Develop appropriate measurements, process control points and reports to demonstrate process compliance or highlight non-compliance e.g. Incident management success metric, Change Management success metrics, Emergency Change Management metrics etc.
- Ensure team budget, training and hours of operation are implemented.
- Ensure cost efficient and professional practices prevail in the systems, MSC, Customer Service & Assure.
- Management of incident, event, problems and change, including restoration, normalisation and root cause analysis etc.
- Vendor Management
- Participation in Tier 2 on-call rota
- Development, participation and maintenance of lab environment(s)
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- Business/Science Degree/Masters/MBA or equivalent Applicable Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
- CISCO/Avaya Professional level certifications or equivalent e.g. CCNP, CCSP, ACIS, ACSS etc.
- Experience of service provider or SI systems and processes.
- Knowledge of Operational activities.
- Knowledge of Fixed Line Telecommunications technology and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Systems and Process in Telecommunications Technology, Managed Services and infrastructure.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland