Mechanical Engineer - Gearbox
- Job Ref: 3058
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Type: Contract
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer - Gearbox to work for my client based in Sweden for a minimum of 1-year contract with attractive hourly rates and high possibility of extension!
For our client we are looking for consultant who will strengthen the Gearbox Manoeuvring (Transmission) team. We are looking for a designer who will focus on actuators/sensors (relieve existing designer) and also work with red arrow design/continuous improvements.
Your key responsibilities will be:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be defined as necessary.
- Execute product design related to new product development projects.
- Create and maintain engineering documentation (models, drawings, specifications, etc.).
- Review customer inquiries and develop design concept proposals.
- Maintain and improve existing product designs.
- Work closely with teams consisting of representatives from purchasing, planning, operations, and quality.
- Test and verify performance on new and existing products.
- Conduct Design of Experiments analysis on new and existing products.
- Design and implement engineering system management tools.
It would be great if you have background and skills in:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ plus years practical gear/gearbox design experience preferred.
- Understanding of gear theory, gear development and design for straight, spiral bevel and hypoid gears.
- Experience in rotating machinery, high speed gears, bearings and planetary gear systems
- Proficient with Excel, Word, other MS Office.
- Experience with solid modelling software/CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Effective oral and written communications in the English language.
- Excellent time management skills.
If this is something you find suitable for you don't hesitate to get in touch for more details.
*Only applicants eligible to work in EU are considered for this job!