- Job Ref: 3415
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
We are looking for a Mainframe Developer for a 6 months contract (possibility of extension) role in Dublin City Centre. You will deliver high quality software solutions.
In this role you will:
- Work with Development Manager, Project Managers and Business Analysts to define and deliver technical components to meet project demands.
- Design new / changed systems from the ground up.
- Support IT and project teams to produce Functional Requirement specifications based on business requirements and project goals.
- Produce technical specifications and designs based on Functional Requirement documents.
- Develop and deliver high standard solutions to their systems
- Provide leadership, support and direction to development teams, plan and oversee peer reviews.
- Support implementations and technical change to production systems.
- Perform, document and manage unit / system testing.
- Demonstrate flexibility in supporting several tasks at once and be to complete development work as well as analysis as part of new projects and initiatives.
- Support issue resolution, application maintenance and ad hoc queries from development teams.
What technical skills would you need for this role?
- 5 years design and development in Mainframe environment (Batch and Online Environments)
- Practical experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Experience of Cobol or Ideal Mainframe languages
- Technical experience: Cobol or Ideal, JCL. CICS or Datacom database desirable but not essential.
Do you have experience in Mainframe environment? Do you have experience using with Cobol or Ideal Mainframe? If you do, I would like to hear from you.
If we caught your interest and would like to hear more about this opportunity give us a shout, drop us a line or hit the apply button below.