- Job Ref: 1895
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our technical team. This role will involve supporting, maintaining and implementing an infrastructure of Linux servers both in the cloud (AWS) and on premise, utilising various high availability technologies to ensure availability for missioncritical services. This will be a great opportunity to develop your skills further with potential access to a wide range of technologies.
The successful candidate will be open minded and love investigating latest technologies, and implementation.
You will also love Open Source, writing documentation, making things better, faster and more reliable!
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance of Linux network
- User management
- OS configuration, active maintenance and updates
- Develop and maintain scripts for systems automation
- Monitor and maintain high availability systems
- Manage and report on service and systems availability
- Investigating issues and problems, working through to resolution
- Suggest and design upgrades and improvements to the system
- Document planning, processes and procedures
- As you are reading this you must already know what a 302, a .csr, a syn, and an arp are.
- Three years’ experience as a systems administrator in a Linux environment
- A Degree or relevant Certification in computing or a related discipline, or verifiable commercial experience
- AWS architecture and web UI administration for RDS, EC2 and friends
- Affinity for producing documentation
- Bash scripting
- Mysql solid basic understanding of configuration, queries, and user management
- Nginx, virtual servers, back and forward proxies, rewrite rules, etc
- IP, solid understanding of basic routing and switching
- Understanding of common network applications and protocols
- Demonstrate and ability to prioritise and handle a diverse workload
- ansible, python, zabbix or equivalent, windows server, vmware