Level 2/3 Network Engineer
- Job Ref: 5126
- Location: Gorey, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are currently seeking a Cisco Network Engineer to work as a part of our service team. The ideal candidate will provide escalation support on network issues for our clients and work on projects related to network improvements.
The Network Engineer will participate in the planning, design, implementation and support of the network across all clients
- Provide Level 2/3 support for our customer networks.
- IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast.
- Maintain up to date network diagram, standard, documentation for all clients detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
- Network planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Install, document, implement and support of the client networks
- Resolve operational issues involving routers, switches and firewalls in a multi-vendor environment.
Competencies (Technical and Behavioural)
- 3-4+ years’ experience in Layer 2 technologies, routing, and switching in an enterprise environment.
- Significant Cisco and Meraki experience, Infrastructure/Networked environments with hardware (routers, switches, firewall, etc.), software (IOS, NX-OS), network security practices, designing, planning and implementing LAN-MA.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies.
- Drive operation excellence and growth of the company through strong skills and experience in data network technologies: OSPF, BGP, VRRP, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, Trunking, EtherChannel and QoS.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN technologies.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco routers, Catalyst switches, Cisco ASA 55xx security devices,
- Linux, Asterisk and VoIP knowledge would be beneficial.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CNMA qualifications would be advantageous
- Knowledge of virtualisation platforms
The Network Engineer role requires the following set of behavioural competencies:
- Customer service oriented with an eager desire to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- A desire and ease in establishing credibility with non-technical leaders via excellent communication skills and business acumen.