- Job Ref: 5209
- Location: dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The purpose of this position is the management of corporate entities in compliance with the corporate regulations of assigned jurisdictions to support the investment activities of The client, its affiliates and its clients, which includes maintaining accurate entity documentation regarding entities. This position will also assist the firm in its efforts to ensure that all company and its affiliates and its clients are in compliance with other applicable rules and regulations.
- Manage corporate entities formed primarily in the Europe and Asia-Pacific regions, as well as other jurisdictions as assigned.
- Establish and document internal and independent appointments for various corporate entities as required.
- Organize annual general and other meetings and prepare meeting minutes in connection with ongoing corporate governance.
- Update and maintain the Global Entity Management System (GEMS) database to reflect any relevant corporate activity in assigned jurisdictions.
- Read and understand capitalization charts and effectively communicate structure changes to others.
- Liaise with the relevant internal departments to assist with the opening and closing of bank accounts, including by compiling and submitting know-your-customer information.
- Proactively liaise with Legal, Asset Management and Tax to maintain GEMS and capitalization charts with accurate information related to all and client entities.
- Proactively coordinate with Asset Management teams and operating company personnel to ensure that information in GEMS regarding operating companies is accurate.
- Ensure that corporate governance documents are maintained in accordance with records retention plan.
- Review GEMS for accuracy on a periodic basis.
- Serve as back-up to professionals managing entities in other jurisdictions.
- Perform special projects as assigned, which may include assisting other Entity Management team members with tasks in other regions or assisting other Entity Management team members with entities that involve cross-jurisdictional work.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to complete complex tasks independently and work effectively in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to differing personalities and management styles.
- Strong attention to detail (including excellent cross-checking skills) and ability to develop and maintain high quality work product.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and listening skills to communicate clearly and concisely with both lawyers and non-lawyers.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to set and meet competing deadlines by prioritizing tasks appropriately.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates professional maturity that represents the organization’s image.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional work experience, preferably in corporate, real estate and/or banking with a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency in GEMS or other entity management database is preferred but not required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- Standard working hours are 9.00 to 17.30 (representing a 37.5 hour working week), but hours may vary depending on business activity or as otherwise agreed by direct line managers.
- This positon is not expected to require regular travel. However, travel may occasionally be required on a limited basis based on departmental needs.
Desired Organizational Competencies:
- Detail-oriented – consistently produces accurate work product.
- Accountability – demonstrates a commitment to and responsibility for accomplishing individual, team and business objectives.
- Drive – consistently achieves challenging goals/objectives, and demonstrates an ability to create value and maximize results.
- Planning – identifies business needs, problems and risks proactively, and develops well founded plans that specify strategies, actions/solutions, risk mitigants and desired results.
- Critical thinking / judgment – commits to an action after developing alternative solutions that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources, risks, client needs, and organizational objectives.
- Adaptability – exhibits the capacity to successfully adapt actions, opinions and behavior as a result of changing priorities or environment.
- Communication skills – proactively communicates in the appropriate medium with clarity and focus at the right level to ensure delivery has the appropriate impact. Deploys excellent listening skills to understand problems and priorities and gather factual information.
- Accountability and positivity – demonstrates a commitment to and responsibility for accomplishing individual, client and departmental objectives. Takes ownership of assigned projects and seeks out ways to provide assistance to members of the Legal team.
Teamwork – fosters collaboration among team members and uses capabilities to achieve client and departmental goals. Establishes credibility, trust, and respect among team membe