Lecturer in Software Engineering
- Job Ref: 3070
- Location: Zibo, China
- Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity with a university in China in association with one of Ireland’s most prestigious higher educational institutes!
What you can expect in this job
You will be responsible for the design and delivery of lectures, tutorials, and supporting laboratory activities at undergraduate level.
- Lecturer in Software Engineering to support the international collaboration between the Irish and Chinese institutes
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate courses at the campus in China through English, in a wide variety of areas within Software Engineering, including information modelling, data structures and algorithms, web application development, mobile application development and software testing
- The successful candidate must also be prepared to be flexible in their approach to subject disciplines
- The successful candidate will be a fluent English speaker, be able to demonstrate experience of teaching at university level in particular teaching students for whom English is not their first language
- The successful candidate will be able to visit the university in Ireland each year for training as deemed appropriate and will also be able to participate in research activities
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 3 years post PhD teaching experience in an English speaking country
- Capable of teaching a wide variety of Software Engineering subjects
- Fluent English speaker, be able to demonstrate experience of teaching at university level in particular teaching students for whom English is not their first language
- Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
- Preferably have experience in China.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter (which should outline how you meet the criteria for this role) to [email protected].