Lead Network Operations Analyst
- Job Ref: 6781
- Location: Co Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Lead Network Operations Analyst
Job Description Summary
Providing Level two Network support to our Operations Command Center (OCC) as a member of the EMEA Network operations team under our global follow the sun model. You will assist with the management of our incident and problem queues and perform deep dive root cause analysis as required to continuously improve the environment. You will be required to provide network operational support to project deliverables and assist with the training of junior staff when required.
•Perform Tier II support functions for the Operations Command Center (OCC).
•Provide project support for major initiatives with an emphasis on operational support.
•Perform proactive network analysis to ensure network integrity and performance is in an optimal state.
•Develop documentation to support the operations environment.
•Develop metrics to measure efficiencies within the environment.
•Interact effectively with partners, customers and stakeholders.
•Plan, coordinate and implement changes within the network infrastructure.
•Produce reports and documentation to support issues resolved by you.
•Assist in the management/monitoring of the incident ticket queue.
•Some on-call responsibility and occasional off hours work required.
Knowledge / Experience in some or all of the following is required:
• Deep understanding of BGP, IBGP, OSPF routing protocols
• WAN Communications (MPLS/GRE Tunneling)
• Cisco routers/switches, ASR, ISR, Nexus 5K, 7K, 6k, 9K, 3540, 3850.
• Firewalls, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA and Palo Alto.
• Aruba Wifi WAN deployments (Aruba Certified, ACSP, ACMA, ACMP, ACDX).
• Palo Alto Global Protect, supporting cloud infra upgrades and vpn issues for remote workers.
• Cisco Wifi enterprise global deployments (support experience of ISE, Flex, AP, WLC, Prime, MSE).
• Network Appliances, Tipping point, Netscout, Fireeye, bluecoat, taps.
• Knowledge of working with Teclo carriers in the delivery & maintenance of MPLS/Internet circuits.
• SDWAN practical exposure in supporting and maintaining SDWAN infrastructure.
• Automation experience, delivering change or provisioning via the use of automation tools (Glueware, Tufin, Checkpoint CDT, Python scripting, Ansible or others).
• Experience in working with file transfer protocols, Connect Direct & SFTP.
• Supporting Palo Alto Prisma or Cisco AnyConnect remote VPN services.
• Knowledge of cisco Fabric Path and VXLAN.
• Knowledge of Arista routers and switches.
Knowledge / Experience desired:
• Experience in Payments / Fintech industry in support of authorization traffic or file transmissions.
• Experience in working with an operations command center or network operations center in support of Incident calls.
• Basic UNIX\Linux scripting skills.
• Use of a variety of network monitoring tools.
• Experience of Batch\job scheduling applications (TWS).
• Knowledge of tandem \ mainframe technology.
• Open, bare metal, whitebox, greybox Switching.
• Knowledge and experience of using Esxi based solutions.
All about You
• Demonstrated strong knowledge levels and experience in a Network Infrastructure Delivery environment. Experience in payments industry is a plus.
• Strong Communication and documentation skills.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills with troubleshooting experience in a pressured environment.
• Experience in operating under a global follow the sun model.
Must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
• Flexible and Self motivated
• Willing and able to adapt to legacy and new technologies.
• Fluent in English.