Lead Data Scientist
- Job Ref: 3211
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Temporary
OverviewOur client is looking for a Senior Data Scientist with a background in Big Data and Machine Learning.
The offices are in New York and Madrid, is a global SaaS start-up that aims at measuring and optimizing social impact of investment portfolios, adding a social dimension to markets (more than $23T global market opportunity). If you’re a Senior Data Scientist with experience leading small data analysis teams, and love the use of data for having an impact on the society, you’re the person we’re looking for.
You will be leading the team in charge of integrating and analyzing data from different sources (telcos, banks, market analysts and other potential sources of data) to make discoveries about the consumption behavior of the population. Additionally you will be increasingly connected to the product, as long as you will be proposing new functionalities to the product based on the conclusions of your analysis.
What are we looking for:
- Mandatory technical skills (+3 years of experience):
- Python proficiency (Pandas, Matplotlib, Numpy and Scikit-Learn).
- Machine Learning experience (clustering algorithms, NLP, deep learning, etc.).
- Data analysis and visualization (R, Python, others).
- Desirable technological skills (+1 year of experience):
- ETL experience.
- Big Data (Spark (Python, Scala o Java), Hadoop…)
- Managerial skills (+2 years of experience managing data science/big data teams).
- Academic background (from contributions to conferences and journal academic papers to PhD).
- Ideally experience in the financial sector or regulated markets.
- Multinational experience (ideally with experience in American Universities or American companies/startups).
- Startup way of thinking.
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity team will be based in the US. We
- expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers in across various locations.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Competitive salary
- Compensation time
- Opportunity to work in a small team of highly professional colleagues
- A work environment to develop your skills and knowledge