Junior Network Engineer - Belfast
- Job Ref: 2872
- Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
- Type: Permanent
My Client, a global leader in financial technology managed services and IT infrastructure products, is looking for Junior Network Engineer to join their team in Belfast on a permanent basis. As part of the global team, you will be working and learning from experts in New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Belfast. Working for my Client will give you first-hand access to world class technologists, leading-edge financial technology, exciting new applications and bespoke software products.
The purpose of this role is to implement, maintain, troubleshoot and support all aspects of network and security on the network infrastructure. The network engineer will work closely with the global network team. They will be responsible for the timely delivery of changes to the network environment to facilitate the onboarding of new clients, to deliver new features or service to the platform and to provide support for production issues.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Support and scale server infrastructure for production and internal environment.
- Managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced service provider environment.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilisation, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level 2 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous Unix/Linux System administration experience.
- Teamwork and ability to work on own initiative is imperative for the role.
- A good knowledge of routing & switching.
- A good attitude and strong work ethic with a willingness to learn in a fast pace working environment.
- Solid knowledge of LAN, WAN, Cisco Products, and network devices.
- Previous experience using Microsoft technologies, VMware, Symantec, SonicWALL, HP Servers, and switches.
- Solid knowledge of IP Networking, Routing Protocols, security and IP telephony.
- Proficient in troubleshooting Data Center and LAN network problems.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, multitasking, and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, mission-critical operations environment.
- Cisco CCNA.
- CCNP certification.
- Highly proficient in Linux.
- Scripting experience – bash, Python and equivalent.
What benefits will I have?
- Private health care.
- Excellent maternity & paternity benefits.
- Paid annual leave.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Northern Ireland.