Junior Business Analyst
- Job Ref: 2760
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Junior (entry level) Business Analyst
IT BA Team Lead
FBD Insurance plc. invites applications for the position of an Junior Business Analyst.
The Junior Business Analyst will join the IT BA team. They will be allocated to IT projects where appropriate. The candidate will have some experience in process engineering and an interest in this.
- Project initiation and kick off workshops.
- Requirements gathering and development from key stakeholders within the business.
- Scheduling, co-ordinating, preparing and facilitating formal requirements gathering sessions including reviewing / assessing current state and developing future state.
- Identifying gaps and potential risks within FBD.ie & NN.ie
- Mapping current As Is and to be business processes using process engineering techniques.
- Facilitating requirement prioritisation.
- Development of use cases.
- Development of business requirements documentation from draft through to sign-off.
- Take an active role in solution design ensuring cross system impacts are assessed.
- Ensure business requirements are turned into functional requirements and meet the agreed designed solution.
- Ensure functional requirements are of a high standard and cross system impacts have been assessed and detailed thoroughly.
- Assisting the business with training strategies, planning and execution.
- Supporting user acceptance testing plan, scenarios and execution.
- Responsible for change request management throughout the lifecycle of developments, projects and operational changes.
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment.
- Working with Compliance ensuring all content and functionality adheres to CPC & FBD standards.
- Carrying out such duties as management may require from time to time.
- Take an active role in the FBD BA community of practice, which is dedicated to the continuous growth and improvement of the analysis service provided by the team
- This will involve taking part in cross training, assessing new best practice techniques, presenting them to the rest of the team and abiding by the common standards set across all members.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies:
- A relevant Third Level degree or appropriate professional qualification.
- Relevant experience in in and IT role or a requirements gathering role.
- Business process mapping
- Strong attention to detail essential.
- Strong documentation and analytical skills
- Understanding of project management lifecycle & methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated record in building working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. § Ability to provide excellent service to all customers and meet deadlines, as required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative and a desire to develop knowledge and experience.
- Experience of Progen / Fineos is desirable but not essential
- Previous MS Visio (process mapping) experience desirable
This role is a permanent one.
FBD is an equal opportunities employer
FBD is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland