Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Significant business knowledge and direct experience of developing enterprise Java applications.
- 5 years minimum in the development of JAVA/J2EE applications.
- Experience with J2EE frameworks such as Spring and Apache Struts 2.
- Experience with deployment and administration of J2EE Application Servers and Frameworks, e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Spring Security etc.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts, Design Patterns and UML.
- Working knowledge of build tools like Maven and Ant.
- Experience with relational databases (DB2) and JDBC / SQL.
- In-depth understanding of Java web development including JSP/Servlets.
- In-depth knowledge of development tools such as Eclipse, ANT, Subversion, JUnit.
- Familiar with concepts of versioned software and software development lifecycles.
- Creative thinking and able to work within an agile project approach.
- Flexible, with ability to work on own initiative to bring assigned work to fruition.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Have high standards, good attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Self starter who works well under pressure and is a team player.
Knowledge and Experience of the following is desirable:
- iBatis Framework.
- JAXB (XML interfaces based on XSD).
- IBM Websphere Studio Application Developer (or similar tool).
- IBM Websphere Application Server v5, v6 & v7.
- IBM Websphere MQ.
- Software development tools like Hudson and Jira.
- Knowledge of webservices.
- Oracle's ATG Web Commerce.