- Job Ref: 3605
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewWe are looking for a Java Engineer for a 12 months contract role with our client, an e-learning company that is based in D2.
Your daily basis/ Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively as part of a software development team producing software that advances our core mission.
- Eagerly learn and apply newcutting-edgee technologies.
- Contribute to our engineering culture and ever-improving concept of engineering best practices.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as a Software Engineer and a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Understand the software development process and how their work contributes to the larger goals, know how to make that process better, one step at a time.
- Experience working with a team on a large project, typically working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience working with JVM-based languages such as Java and Scala
- Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure) and systems like Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Interest in adopting new technologies and methodologies such as functional programming, distributed computing, machine learning, advanced data engineering, serverless computing.