IT Systems Administrator
- Job Ref: 5096
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
As a member of the IT Infrastructure and Operations team, the IT Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT infrastructure and operations services. These services mainly relate to capacity planning, maintenance and support of IT server systems but also relate to the selection, procurement, implementation and integration of software and hardware solutions. A key additional aspect of the role is assisting the delivery of IT infrastructure resilience, service continuity and disaster recovery services.
Principle Accountabilitiesincipal Accountabilities
- Daily maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT server and systems infrastructure.
- Research, procure, install, configure and maintain new systems
- Assist with upgrading and maintaining new and existing systems.
- Provide level 3 support for the IT Service Desk
- Perform advanced systems operational tasks
- Procurement of IT hardware, services and software
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures in line with industry trends
- Co-ordinate, liaise and foster relationships with all other IT staff and business areas
- Participate in scheduled out of hours activity.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the IT Infrastructure and Operations team.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of VMware 6.x
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 365), Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016.
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Knowledge of ADFS and Microsoft PKI
- Knowledge of VDI, VMware Horizon View and VDI packaging
- Knowledge of technologies supporting Enterprise Backup (CommVault), Veritas Enterprise Vault, Hyper Converged Infrastructure (Dell VxRail) and Recoverpoint
- Knowledge of scripting technologies, including PowerShell
- Strong networking and TCP/IP skills
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
Familiarity or qualifications in the following areas would be a distinct advantage:
- SWIFT Payments System
- Financial application systems
- Unix/Linux Operating System Administration
- Microsoft App-V
- Citrix XenApp 7.x
- Microsoft Licensing
- Project management methodologies
- Public sector procurement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with 10 years’ experience in IT.