IT Support Engineer London
- Job Ref: 4623
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Understand our customer’s ICT infrastructure, business systems, information and security requirements.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure customers network by ensuring patching and AV standards are in place recommending audits where appropriate. Monitoring & maintaining documentation.
- Influence user behaviour to reduce security risks providing references and support.
- Perform upgrades conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Be cost aware and keep the best interest of the customer in mind at all times.
- Maintain relevant knowledge levels to ensure new technology and opportunities can be identified to enhance the customer’s IT operations.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for and accomplishing new and different requests or cases on an ad hoc basis
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working in an IT support and (or)project implementation role
- A relevant 3rd level qualification is preferable.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008, 2012.
- MCP / MCITP Windows 7 / MCDST / MCSA /MCSE
- Good knowledge of Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint.
- Experience with Firewalls, Routers & Managed Switches.
- Knowledge of wired & wireless networking protocols.
- Basic understanding of the purpose and operation of software distribution technologies (e.g. SCCM / MDT)
- Good knowledge of Hyper-V and Azure.
- Knowledge of DR & Backup Solutions
- Good working knowledge of ESET Antivirus
- Excellent English Written & Oral communication skills are essential.
- Good trouble shooting skills.
- Microsoft or other industry standard certifications are desirable.
- Full Clean Irish Driving licence, Company transport can be provided if necessary.