IT Support Engineer
- Job Ref: 5039
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Qualification: Minimum 3 years’ experience working within an IT Helpdesk, desktop/application support role
Number of Years’ Experience Required: Minimum 3 years’ experience working within an IT Helpdesk, desktop/application support role
Reporting to the IT Manager, this role will require an experienced individual to provide software upgrade support for over 300 users; contribute to and work individually on upgrade projects.
- Experience providing Windows desktop support, including Windows 10
- Previous experience with upgrades e.g. Office and Windows 7 & 10
- Knowledge of Active Directory, creating, modifying & testing Group Policy an advantage
- Application testing, piloting and assisting with new rollouts
- Preparation of installation files and bespoke configurations
- Strong Office support skills including application integrations with Office
- SQL maintenance, scripting and reporting
- Windows Server (various) experience
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Out of hours and weekend work will be required from time to time
- Risk Management - Comply with all of the Firm's policies & procedures; attend risk briefings & support Firm-wide risk management initiatives. Adhere to the file review and closure process and ensure all open and in-active matters are reviewed and closed as appropriate.
- Information Security - Support implementation of the Firms Information Security Management and comply with the Firms Information Security Statement
o Adhere to data classifications and handling rules
o Report Breach of Policy, Incident or Security Weakness
- Staff may be requested to carry out such reasonable tasks as may from time to time occur
- The ability to logically troubleshoot problems to a satisfactory resolution
- Proven experience in working with a team implementing technical upgrades/changes and migration strategies.