IT Support Engineer
- Job Ref: 3167
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Overall purpose of role
IT Support Engineer supports the office in Dublin across a wide spectrum of responsibilities outlined below - including support of site-specific application platforms used by the client in Dublin. The Engineer’s activities include providing IT Generalist support for Windows Infrastructure (Desktop, Server), Datacentres, Networks and Voice, Audiovisual, print and remote working devices, as well as local application support (eg. Market Data, Finance, Operations applications etc).
Support for the Dublin office needs to be provided five days a week, and also during weekend / out of hours as required to perform necessary maintenance work.
- Management of user incidents including updating and escalating support calls and managing them through to final resolution (to include any business continuity & major-incident handling requirements for the Dublin office).
- Local management of desktop service provisioning (all workstations and laptops and other peripheral IT equipment such as printers/scanners in Dublin).
- Support for Mobile devices , Smartphone and Audio Visual equipment
- Second line support for Voice (Cisco Call Manager)
- Application support (1st-2nd line) for any core services specific to Dublin.
- Develop and upkeep of GTIS documentation and local procedures
- Ensuring tasks driven via business demand are completed to users’ satisfaction or escalated where appropriate.
- Responsible for the installation of hardware in the Tech Room, working with the functional teams (eg. networks, server, voice) to ensure successful configuration and implementation into production.
- Ensure compliance with relevant group guidelines / policies; observe / enforce IT related controls and standards in the working environment – physical security, logical security etc.
- Maintain a proactive role by regularly analysing event data provided by system audit trails and security monitor feeds (Review Global information security bulletins, Metrics etc).
- Identify and implement continual improvements to the service through, for example incident root cause analysis, trend analysis and procedural reviews
- Local vendor management and Supplier Risk management.
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal (negotiation) skills
· Ability to analyse detailed information / research problems (lateral thinking)
· Good time management and organisational skills
· Quality conscience/service level realisation
· Experience in working in Technology within an international organisation
- Excellent IT knowledge and experience, including Desktop and Server environments and Internetworking. Desirable experience of varied Microsoft/Windows technical architectures and technologies, in order of priority: Office 2007/2010 and Citrix
- Exchange, AD, Server 2013
- Appreciation of a 24X7 global operation and associated responsibilities
- Degree level education in technology or a technical specialty or equivalent experience
- Awareness of ITIL framework, particularly Incident, problem and change management