IT Support Consultant
- Job Ref: 4918
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe. We operate in over 25 countries.
The IT & Helpdesk Consultant works independently taking full responsibility for a particular area of work within IT. Consultant role coordinating activities to support the work of the IT department, assisting the senior team members. Maintains the status of an area of work and manages a direct line report.
This is a permanent, full time role
- Leads multiple phases of technical areas within a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Responsible for the administration of the IT Helpdesk and for the implementation of UKI Helpdesk.
- Assures projects meets quality standards by developing information systems and through installing software solutions.
- Prepares reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Completes KPI Reporting.
- Accurately identifies project risks and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders.
- Escalation management.
- Analyses and resolves technical and application problems, adhering to high quality development principles whilst delivering solutions on time and on budget.
- Hands on desktop support for Dublin & Belfast when required. Shared point of contact for our smaller operation in the Nordics.
- Develops strong relationships with remote teams as well as working closely with the business in Ireland to support their IT needs.
- Manages order processing and contract administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field desirable.
- Excellent IT skills with Microsoft Office products, preferably with the O365 suite of applications
- Proficient use of Helpdesk systems, preferably working within an ITIL framework
- ITIL Foundation or above an advantage.
- Experience working in a hands-on desktop support role with proficiency in building, configuring and troubleshooting desktop hardware.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in 1st/2nd support role.