- Job Ref: 2300
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Type: Contract
My Client is looking to recruit an IT Support person to work on-site at a customer location in Central London. Initially for a contract of 3 months, this may lead to a permanent role.
The role is focused on providing end-user computing support to a designated team of business executives within the client company. It is imperative that these individuals receive exceptional support on their range of end-user computing devices which will support their needs whether working on-site or at a remote location.
This position requires a person who has excellent inter-personal skills, problem solving skills and is a good communicator. The candidate will work as part of a dedicated team and requires the following skillsets:
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a first point of contact and escalation point for executives and takes end-to-end ownership of resolving reported issues and fulfilling requests
- Accountability for taking issues from initial contact through resolution
- Regularly communicates improvements and changes to VIPs, including ways in which available technology can be fully utilized to drive greater productivity
- Builds productive relationships with company executives
- Resolves technology issues encountered by executives in a timely manner and ensures systemic issues are escalated and remediated to prevent further occurrences
- Provides one-on-one training regarding the features and functionality of a broad set of technologies used by VIPs
- Identifies, creates, and provides training, either in person or virtually, to business users
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience as a top-tiered End User Computing support engineer or similar role
- Excellent communication skills interacting with executives
- Proven track record of operating in an IT support organization
- Ability to operate at a break-fix level to diagnose and address common issues experienced by VIPs
- Excellent organizational, time management and crisis management skills
- Service-oriented behaviour
- Foundational understanding of ITSM and ITIL
- MS Windows 7 / 10
- MS Office 2010-2016 Suite
- Apple product knowledge; specifically iPads and iPhones (essential skill)
- Working knowledge of Citrix MDM platform or similar
- Experienced with Active Directory, GPOs, ADFS, Certificate Services, etc.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMB, FTP(S), HTTP(S), etc.
- Good understanding of network environments using enterprise authentication
- Experience supporting all major Microsoft products including Windows 7/10, Lync, Office, SharePoint, Exchange, MDT, as well as other industry standard desktop applications and remote access solutions
- MS Server 2008-2012R2 features and tools
- Experience with CISCO network and telephony