IT Service Delivery Manager
- Job Ref: 5840
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
As Service Delivery Manager you will provide line management to our technology and service desk teams to ensure delivery support for the IT services offered to our business units. You will communicate with team members, and stakeholders to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately, using our internal customers as the conduit for the voice of the ultimate customer, who is always the most important judge of our performance.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are important in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends, but also familiar with a variety of business concepts. We embrace innovation but there must always be a focus on business outcomes and you need to be able to communicate all aspects of the journey to the end customer.
Overseeing the service delivery unit of our company will lead to multifaceted and varied job duties. Therefore, all of these roles and responsibilities will be at a high level and involve some degree of leadership, management, and decision-making.
- Manage delivery processes to ensure the correct outcomes for our business clients and set the direction for the team in term of delivering application and infrastructure services in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Set the direction for the team and ensure ownership and effective communication across all items
- Use strategic thinking and problem management to eliminate recurring issues
- Lead and assign the technical teams and vendors to achieve the desired outcomes
- Conduct regular meetings with the Head of IT and the Head of PMO and business units to communicate current status and plans on all items
- Provide leadership to the team through professional development activities.
- Act as CISO for the organisation, using a CISOAAS backup vendor
- Contribute to the long term IT strategy
- Managing a high performing team consisting of Application Analysts, Infrastructure Administrators and Service Desk analysts (backed up by vendor support contracts) to support the service delivery offering
- Manage the vendor supply of services, including commercials
- Ensure the finances and budget of the service delivery organisation are controlled
- Manage the compliance with the Security Requirements within the organisation
- Communicate status of overall service delivery to all business areas
- Ensure the support footprint matches the business requirements of the various stores and fulfilment operations
- Ownership of the incident management process
- Continuously improve service delivery processes and business engagements
- Ensure Problem Management is at the forefront of all service delivery processes to eliminate disruption and cots
- Informing the company’s strategy
- Working closely with the PMO function to ensure the overlaps in terms of resourcing, dependencies and implementations works effectively
- Ensuring existing technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- The ability to implement and adapt Change Management Controls and get buy-in from various parties as to their requirements
- Proven successful experience in a technology/service delivery leadership role
- Strong leadership ability in developing and mentoring staff to ensure the correct results
- Deep knowledge of ITIL
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to express complex technical issues in a simple business-like manner
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to quickly understand and collate detailed analysis of the issues
Excellent salary and bens on offer.