IT Security Engineer
- Job Ref: 5277
- Location: Carlow, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
IT Security Engineer
An excellent opportunity for an experienced IT Security Engineer to contribute to the growth and success, as they drive to become Ireland and the UK’s top provider of cyber security and data protection services. The person will be responsible for overseeing client’s cyber security assessments and solutions.
This newly developed role will report to the CIO. The role will be based out of our Carlow office, however, we expect the role to be primarily field based with most of the travel based around the Dublin and Leinster region.
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategies for client companies
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement
- Running security audits and risk assessments
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions
- Overseeing the management of the IT/security department, giving leadership to the team and developing staff
- Ensuring compliance and governance is met
- Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities
- Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered
- Protecting the intellectual property of an organisation at all times
- Devising strategies and implementing IT solutions to minimise the risk of cyber-attacks (Monitor threats and take preventative measures)
- Reviewing, analysing and delivering data information
- Communicating digital programmes and strategy to a range of stakeholders
- Managing the IT security budget and communicating this with the appropriate parties
- Reporting to the client/board and being an active member of the senior management team
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
- Identify, report and control incidents
- Manage and train staff
Critical Skills and Qualities Required
- Degree in business administration or a technology-related field required.
- Professional security management certification
- Digital leadership skills – capable of empowering and leading an IT team to meet business and IT security goals
- Solid people management skills – providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to clients
- Strong customer focus – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable – capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands
- Creative thinking – able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve
- Multi-tasking – can manage several concurrent projects/clients and prioritize demands
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- Excellent presentation skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and communicate at all levels.
- Strong administration and documentation skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to plan and work on own initiative and take ownership of clients. A can-do attitude and the ability to flex and go the extra mile for customers.
- Reliable, professional and organized individual with an honest approach.
- Dedicated to continuous development.
- Must have full clean driving license and own transport.