IT Project Manager
- Job Ref: 4888
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
IT Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager who preferably also has significant experience as a Scrum Master and who can help decide the appropriate project delivery methodology. You will be part of the IT organisation, but you will also be reporting to the Sponsor of the project you are managing.
You will be responsible for delivering projects that have a high level of technology. They may deliver directly customer facing products like Websites, APPs or POS systems or indirect products like store layout planning, HR systems or procurement systems. You will be assigned to these projects depending on your experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Retail experience is a distinct advantage
- Lead the Project team to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Execute the build/development of projects including identifying all required tasks to meet the goals across all phases from initiation through go live and handover to Operations.
- Lead the process of identifying required resources to deliver successfully. This includes but is not limited to developers, designers, copywriters, technical resources, stores teams and vendors
- Manage all internal and external deliveries required by working with all internal and external team members incl. external project managers.
- Manage the budget and timelines and report on these in a timely fashion to all stakeholders. Ensure mitigations are in place and well understood.
- Communicate with key business stakeholders and relevant areas of the business about project status, technical capabilities, issues, and enhancements.
- Manage all third-party vendor relationships during the project within the contractual constraints. In some projects you will have input into the contractual agreements to ensure delivery is successful.
- Ensure that prioritising of deliveries, change requests and mitigation initiatives are done in a timely manner and understood by all stakeholders.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is in place and signed off by the relevant stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate the testing, quality assurance and feedback process
Who you are:
As a Project Manager you are passionate about communication and delivering on time and in budget. You see your role as the chief problem identifier and problem solver. You are resourceful and have the end product in sight.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
The ideal candidate possesses the following competencies and skills:
- Minimum of 7+ years Project Management experience
- Successful delivery of at least 10 large scale digital projects of which at least 2 have been in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Project & program management credentials (PRINCE2 preferred and Scrum Master certification is desirable)
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- A passion for new and emerging technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to work in rapidly changing environment within a very large retailer