- Job Ref: 2124
- Location: Dublin 12, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Role: Network and Infrastructure Manager
In this role you will report into the Group Head of IT. The role will be responsible for the management/design/delivery of IT infrastructure across the group. You must have experience in administering large networks and infrastructure. The role requires strong technical knowledge and skills. Experience with public cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) is desirable but not essential.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables
- The delivery of an IT infrastructure suitable for the business. The business requires Resilience, Reliability and Stability of IT services.
- Work in conjunction with the internal teams and the strategic partners/vendors.
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure is developed to meet the ongoing requirements of the group.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years of administering and managing large enterprise networks
- Relevant industry certifications
- Capable of creating IT standards, procedures, policies, and best practices
- Good knowledge of the IT infrastructure technologies including:
- Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, Replication
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- Core Switching/Routing
- Server Hardware
- Storage Hardware
- Virtualization (VMware and/or Hyper-V)
- Understanding of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Must stay up-to-date on the current projects in progress, projects in pipeline and operational issues. Similarly, must stay up-to-date with industry technology trends
- Experience with vendor management
This is a key position as I have nearly moved all the internal systems to a hosted model and we are working very closely with third party suppliers in a co sourcing arrangement, thus keeping our IT team small. While this is a technical position its more a vendor manager position who can get their hands dirty when required. The salary is approx. €70-75K with bonus potential. A DC pension scheme is in place and the company matches contributions up to 5%. A strong technical person who understands that the world is moving to a hosted and co sourced environment would be ideal. I would consider a con