IT Infrastructure Manager
- Job Ref: 5675
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
This role will require someone with a strong focus on infrastructure and network solutions. The candidate will be expected to work independently and to support the BAU operations as well as work closely with project teams.
Specifically, the duties of the post are:
- Manage and develop infrastructure team.
- Carry out performance reviews with the infrastructure teams.
- Manage all team members, identify any skill gaps, and create the respective progression plan.
- Manage a number of large vendors and ensure alignment with our Road Map.
- Manage delivery of service from large infrastructure and managed service vendors in line with Digital and IT strategies.
- Be able to perform and oversee all of the said functions as part of Infrastructure management- Design, Test, Implement, Operate, Troubleshoot, Manage, Support and Upgrade for IT Infrastructure.
- Manage IT Infrastructure Budgets, planning CAPEX and OPEX expenditure including 5 year forecasts.
- Be the senior level escalation for problems/issues in and out of business hours, manage incidents to resolution and satisfaction via on-site team or support providers, participate in post mortem review discussions and propose long-term solutions.
- Engage with the Change process to assist and advise on coordination and execution of changes for production systems and applications.
- Review, Plan and Implement proactive support upgrades, patching and all other maintenance activities.
- Ensure all IT infrastructure assets are hardened, patched, secured, configured, maintained and services are kept available.
- Lead all efforts for the review and determination of capacity, performance and communication bandwidth requirements for systems - both on premise and cloud based services; Evaluate solutions proposed by vendors, identifying best fit for organisation requirements.
- Identify to establish and provide Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics to measure and report overall IT infrastructure performance against industry benchmarks; measure, report/summarise data on predefined frequency and identify targets for improving performance over time.
- Enhance, expand and maintain infrastructure and applications monitoring capabilities and practices.
- Maintain, grow and continuously integrate services, applications and platforms into overall company infrastructure. Provide Technical Leadership for all Infrastructure Projects and Tasks.
- Evaluate current processes, framework and documentation; identify areas for improvement, make recommendations and implement approved enhancements.
- Collaborate with other IT functions groups (Service Delivery, Technical Support, Applications, Security, etc.) in the plan, design, test activities as needed, for projects and initiatives. This will involve travel to other sites and vendor sites both in and outside of Ireland.
- Work with IT Leadership and Management to develop and execute IT Infrastructure strategy.
- Ability to manage the full cost of infrastructure and introduce efficiencies.
- Assist in planning, implementing and testing company BC/DR efforts including, where appropriate, partnering with other IT functional leads and external service providers for such.
- Remain at the forefront of emerging technologies and industry practices.
- Comply with statutory legislation and Department rules and requirements in furtherance of your own and general staff welfare and safety.
- Undergo programmes of training and development as may be required from time to time.
- Represent the best interests of the Department at all times.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Certification with Cisco Services and Windows operating systems preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 4+ year’s hands on experience in an IT Operations Support position.
- People and Team management.
- Experience in Infrastructure design, build and implementation of network and infrastructure migration projects using ITIL based processes.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation Technologies Hyper-V.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge of SAN technologies essential (3PAR SAN).
- Experience in management of network and virtual server infrastructures and associated technical teams.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Experience in Office 365 roll-out and support.
- Knowledge of Slurm clusters
- Knowledge of Dell Isilon Storage Solutions
- Knowledge of Citrix Netscalers and Xen environments
- Knowledge of Networking & Firewalls, primarily Cisco
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Azure and MS Office 365.
- MS Windows Server O/S installation and maintenance.
- Configure setup and manage virtual machines and clusters in Hyper V
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot SAN technologies
- MS Windows, Office including Project.
- MS Exchange.
- IPS systems.
- DB & Open Source Knowledge beneficial.
- A working understanding of monitoring tools.
- Experience Managing storage and backups using Commvault solution
- ITIL knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of IT Governance Frameworks and Agile Methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Scrum).
Skills & Competencies:
- Self-starter with the ability to manage and work as part of a team: Ability to operate effectively as part of a team – is cordial, tolerant and willing to help others, is co-operative and patient; shares work and information; establishes rapport, can influence and develop effective networks.
- Conscientious: Have a pro-active approach to work, anticipating and resolving problems in advance; have keen attention to detail - from anticipating and addressing issues in advance to understanding requests and delivering quality work with minimal errors.
- Flexibility: Can operate flexibly within a busy environment; can shift focus when required.
- Customer Focus: Have strong customer service skills. Be able to communicate with a high level of initiative, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to interface effectively with Senior IT staff, staff.
- Motivated: Display a ‘can-do’ attitude, be committed to IT and its development; demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for the role.