IT Generalist - Data Analytics
- Job Ref: 4349
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
I am currently looking for a Data Analytics Consultant for my client a leader in providing data analytics solutions to a wide range of customer around Dublin. This is a 6 months contract daily rate with view for going permanent afterwards.
So this bellow is what we are hoping to find in the perfect candidate:
On the back end:
- You have natural talent on the back end and the experience to back it up!
- You have proficiency and flair in SQL (ANSI) e.g. T-SQL in SQL Server, SSIS etc.
- You will also have experience and education in database modelling, design and build.
- You will obviously know and use basic concepts including normalization, design, etc
- You are also a programmer… any language is fine but you have a flair for languages and can branch out into others pretty easily.
- It would be great if you had Python for data analysis and ETL work
- e. Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib.
- We would love someone who’s done some work with Scikit, Tensorflow and other forward looking statistical and machine learning modules as well but this is not essential
On the front end:
- You may have worked with tools to communicate data in a clever, succinct and engaging way. If you have contributed to Kaggle, Tableau Public or some such forum you are at an advantage! (We like to see work which you’ve done previously!)
- We also have no problem training you to use any tool…
The soft stuff:
- Relevant working experience and related degree
- Team-orientated with the desire and ability to work in a fast paced, relatively unstructured environment
- Ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate and present to technical and non-technical project stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and/or Linux. Knowing how the OS works can often help short-circuit troubleshooting
- General problem-solving ability. Being able to intuit out an answer for a problem through research, experience and educated guesswork
Nice to have:
- Have previously worked in an Agile environment
- Experience in SQL development
- Contributions to online community forums/demonstrable projects
- A genuine interest in data, databases, programming and tools that make things happen for our customers. We’re looking for people who are hungry to know more and are really interested about what’s going on in the field
Did this position cough your attention? Contact me and will be happy to give you more details about my client and this role.