Integration Consultant (Workday)
- Job Ref: 4916
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Type: Permanent
At Kainos WorkSmart, everything we achieve is because of the quality, talent, and determination of our people, and their ability to deliver amazing digital solutions which meet the needs of our customers. Our goal is to be the leading Workday partner globally, with our people seen as the leaders in Workday deployment solutions. We do this by investing heavily in our teams and our people, giving them the opportunity to grow their careers with us and to build their knowledge and skills. We’re passionate about the need to ensure they are presented with the best opportunities while ensuring our customers get the solutions they need.
We’re part of Kainos, which was established in 1986 and we’re the largest Workday boutique partner in Europe providing full-service Workday solutions to our customers.
Workday Software Integrations Consultant
For two years running, Gartner has named Workday a leader in cloud HCM and Financial solutions. Workday allows organisations to plan, recruit, nurture talent and provide the training their people need while supporting the organisations financial requirements using just one system. It provides complete visibility into the global workforce, providing better visibility and better accessibility to all its users, allowing companies to engage and grow their people. This is the solution that our Integration Consultants deploy, not only for our customers but in Kainos itself.
Learn more about Kainos WorkSmart here: https://www.kainosworksmart.com/
Learn about being an integration consultant here: https://www.kainos.com/day-life-kainos-integration-consultant/
What you’ll do:
You’ll be, or will become, a Workday Certified Integration Consultant responsible for understanding, designing and developing integrations between Workday and third-party applications.
Your role starts with our customers, where you’ll build strong, sustainable relationships, joining them in workshops to elicit their needs and understand their wants which meets their business requirements. You’ll help them design processes that make the most out of Workdays capabilities coupled with their third-party applications and you’ll guide them with your knowledge in aligning their third-party solutions to Workdays capabilities. You’ll understand where blockers form and you’ll track issues and risks, working with your Engagement Manager and other team members to mitigate these, while keeping our customers informed.
Using your knowledge of XML, XPath, and XSLT coupled with an OO language such as Java, you’ll build and then test the solutions that you’ve designed and then deliver them into production, ensuring that Workdays capabilities are being maximised.
To do this, you'll consider yourself to be:
- Customer Focused: Engaging customers and gaining their trust while helping and guiding them through deployments
- Commercially Driven: Aware of the commercial realities of project delivery with a sound understanding of projects and business.
- Team Orientated: Mentoring and developing those around you, both in your team and in our customers. Helping to grow those that you support and that look to you for mentorship.
And your knowledge and experience will encompass:
- Designing, building, testing and releasing complete software solutions, preferably including integration solutions between several systems.
- Experience of using XML, XPath, XSLT, and an object-orientated language such as Java
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing, Web Services, and integration challenges.
- Clear and effective communication with an ability to communicate with customers and colleagues with credibility and empathy, across geographically dispersed engagements
- Willingness to travel and work on client sites up to 25% of the time
- Designing other middleware/integration platforms would be beneficial
Do you love working on challenging projects, delivering complex solutions in simple forms? Is mentoring and growing people something you love? Are you looking to move to a company that lets you write your own story and craft your own brand? If this sounds like you, you’ll find may more people guided and motivated by the same principles and dreams at Kainos. Come and find out more. You’ll fit right in