Infrastructure Team Leader
- Job Ref: 3960
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Infrastructure Team Lead
- the last 18 months, we’ve introduced several new enterprise technologies to help us build the best infrastructure possible to help us scale efficiently. We’re focused on building the very best and constantly evolving – so you will get lots of great exposure to a tonne of great technology.
Here is just some of what we use;
- Office 365, Dell hardware (Servers, laptops, networking, SAN’s)
- VMware and Hyper-V as virtual infrastructures
- Windows Servers, Red Hat servers, Checkpoint, Aruba and multi-cloud platforms etc.
Overview of the role:
My client is in the midst of rapid expansion globally, in terms of clients and employees. To help us scale for growth, we are hiring for an Infrastructure team lead to join our corporate IT infrastructure team.
- looking for someone that can lead a team of hard working dedicated infrastructure specialists, as well as being able to project plan and manage the IT needs of multiple teams and departments across the organization.
This is a senior level Systems Engineering Lead role involving both Managing a team as well as being very “hands on” leading infrastructure projects (Plan, design, implement, evaluate).
It offers plenty of interesting technical challenges, a supportive and experienced technical team to work with and a brilliant culture.
Here's just some of what you will be doing;
- Reporting to our Senior Corporate IT Manager, you will lead an experienced Corporate systems engineering team.
- You will be upkeeping, maintaining and providing on-going support for our internal Technology stack, as well as helping to design and implement new technology platforms and services for internal use across the business.
- Develop new platforms and services for internal departments
- Work closely with IT Security teams to maintain and increase our security posture
- In addition to this you will work closely with teams in Marketing, sales, IT helpdesk, Finance and Operations in provisioning services to meet business needs
- Maintain and develop our Office 365 and Azure services
- Manage and mentor a team of Infrastructure engineers across multiple disciplines
- Manage vendor relationships
- Documenting build, design, and security documents
- Monitor maintain and report on SLA’s and KPI’s, identifying and driving efficiencies across the team.
- You will directly manage the team from a People management viewpoint in accordance with the company culture and ethos but also be responsible for mentoring and leadership in all technical aspects.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years’ experience in a relevant Senior Infrastructure role.
- Advanced knowledge of implementing and supporting Office 365 suite, azure services,
- Hands on experience of Virtual Infrastructures such as VMware and Hyper-V, to include Servers, Storage and networking.
- Experience with Enterprise networking equipment such as Checkpoint, Aruba, switching and routing
- People management Experience – the role would suit someone with excellent infrastructure experience, together with previous people management experience, or someone looking to gain people management experience. (e.g. Previous experience as a technical lead or experience in coaching, mentoring infrastructure engineers, being the “go to” technical person on the team
- Project management experience including leading the planning, design and hands on implementation of infrastructure projects
- Strong security focus (hardening standards, best practices, mitigations)
- As the company has bases in Dublin and US there will be occasional travel required for project related implementations.
- As the company operates on a 24 X 7, there is a requirement for on-call, and on call escalations.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MSCE/Azure certifications, CCNP, RHCSA