Infrastructure Project Manager - New York
- Job Ref: 2501
- Location: New York, United States
- Type: Permanent
My Client, a global leader in financial technology managed services and IT infrastructure products, is looking for experienced Infrastructure Project Manager to join their team in New York. As part of global team, you will be afforded the opportunity to travel the world whilst working and learning from experts in New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Belfast. Working for my Client will give you first hand access to world class technologists, leading-edge financial technology, exciting new applications and bespoke software products.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Producing IT project plans, from project initiation through to delivery and handover to support.
- Manage IT related project teams to achieve delivery of agreed change.
- Liaising with Business and IT teams to achieve project delivery.
- Reporting Project progress, Issues to Business and IT managers.
- Working with other Project Managers within IT Project Services to establish common processes
- Managing and updating the IT project plan
- Managing product delivery
- Managing project change control
- Building a working relationship with other project managers
- Co-ordinating and lead all project team resources
- Reporting project progress
- Delivering project to agreed timescales
- Managing Risks/Issues
- Producing and deliver project documentation, eg. user manuals and support documentation
What experience and knowledge I need to bring to this role?
- IT Project Management experience – 3 years minimum
- Proven track record of managing IT projects across multiple sites
- Managing infrastructure projects
- Requirements gathering
- Report writing (progress reports & associated project documentation)
- Experience of complex and fast-moving IT infrastructure and/or systems development.
- Range of project sizes from 1 month to 1 year+.
- Financial Services or Commercial business experience.
- Experience of outsourced development, and management/liaison with 3rd parties.
- Technical aspects of IT Infrastructure
- Project Planning
- IT networking and server infrastructure
- Good working knowledge of MS Project, Word, Visio, Excel, Outlook
- Educated to degree level or with comparable experience (PRINCE2 qualification highly desirable)
What other skills will help me to get this job?
- Self-motivated, positive outlook and pro-active approach to work.
- Creates and champions procedures.
- Team player and team leader
- Communicates IT and PM ideas to non-IT users and vice versa.
- Attention to detail, while being able to present the ‘bigger picture’.
- A customer oriented approach
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good written, verbal & presentation skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Solution orientated
- Managing stakeholder expectations.
- Good at multi-tasking
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in United States of America.