Information Security Specialist
- Job Ref: 3965
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
- Assist in developing security policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of technology across the organisation in order to drive and maintain the integrity of the clients Information Security.
- Influence and assist in the development, communication and championing of Technical Information Security to ensure the clients information and data systems are protected from risk, fraud and unauthorised access.
- Monitor and measure compliance with the clients Information policy and standards in order to ensure that the client’s security standards and risk management policies are applied to the development and assurance of Information Technology solutions for business systems and infrastructure.
- Work with external suppliers to ensure that their technology solutions or services are assessed for Information Security Risks and to ensure regular monitoring and compliance with our requirements are maintained.
- Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry, banking and regulatory sectors to ensure that the clients systems and data are protected in line with industry standards. Co-ordinate the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and promote awareness among staff and business in order to in order to develop and maintain the integrity of the clients Information Security.
- Own any potential incidents, ensuring all incidents are effectively managed and a clear and concise communication plan is provided to Senior Management / other stakeholders so the integrity of the clients Information Security is maintained. In the event of any major incidents, escalate same to the Information Security & Risk Manager to ensure these are effectively managed.
- Provide guidance on Information Security to the Business as a subject matter expert so all
Development teams are aware of the clients Information Security policy and standards.
- CRISC - CISSP - CISM - CISA - Industry standard qualifications, SANS
- Membership of the professional body, the Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- ISC2 or the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), is an indispensable condition of the tenure of the employment.
- 3 years’ experience working in a similar area of Information Technology Security, preferably in the Financial Services sector.
- Enterprise technical architecture, Data protection, Encryption, Identity & Access Management, Governance, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Network Security, Security Architecture, Threat/ Vulnerability Assessment Management, 3rd party assessment, Incident response
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, Assertiveness.