ICT Systems Administrator
- Job Ref: 1902
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The role of ICT Systems Administrator will report directly to the ICT Manager and will require day-to-day as well as long term ICT Systems maintenance, monitoring and operation including company remote locations, networks, security, virtual environments, hardware, software, phone system and you will be taking care of integration between internal and external systems, service transitions.
Designing, creating, testing and implementing network/systems/IVR solutions to ensure best support, compliance and experience to internal and external parties (users and customers) along with providing support via email, phone and in person.
You will also manage infrastructure and third party services/supplies to ensure service continuity. Maintaining and monitoring security systems to ensure data protection and security factors are in place to protect company, users and customer data.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Managing Windows XP/7 workstations, MacOS devices, mobile devices (phones and tablets), Active Directory Services, System Center 2012, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Web Services, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 environment, VMware infrastructure, Storage (SAN), Blackberry Enterprise Server, Phone System and other server/client side
- Maintaining and monitoring core and support systems to ensure service continuity.
- Managing and administering Security and monitoring systems (Access Controls, Firewalls,
- Managing file sharing / user + company data and print services.
- Managing and maintaining data backups.
- Designing, developing IVRs for customers based on requirements.
- Manage, monitor and review the relationships with service providers and ensure that high levels of service are received and maintained and liaise support requests in case of fault / service disruption.
- Ensure that the solution developed is the most competitive ensuring profitability for the
- Researching, designing, developing, testing and implementing new solutions to improve operations.
- Maintain standards of excellence in developing, implementing and supporting ICT solutions
- Deploy project and performance management skills and methodologies to ensure timely, effective and cost-efficient systems delivery and associated maintenance.
- Providing support to internal and external clients (IT Helpdesk).
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed.
- Knowledge about design, administration, operation and maintenance of Microsoft Servers, Active Directory Domains, Group Policy Objects, SharePoint, IIS Web Services, Exchange Systems and SQL Databases.
- Network knowledge: TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, VOIP, VPN, FTP, V-LANs, Subnets, Routing, Switching, Firewalls
- Knowledge about backup/recovery technologies (Backup Exec , Windows Server Backup)
- Design, administration, operation and maintenance of Virtual Environment based on VMware infrastructure (vSphere / ESX).
- Knowledge about Google APPS Domain management.
- Knowledge about telephony services (SIP, VOIP, PBX, PRA)
- Knowledge about Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Problem troubleshooting and solving techniques.
- Knowledge about security systems and data maintain.
- Knowledge about computer hardware and peripherals.
- High motivation and organization to work under pressure with tight timelines on multiple projects with ability to prioritize tasks.
- Communicate clearly both written and verbal
- Troubleshoot and problem solve on a regular basis
- Work in a team as well as on own initiative.
- Be focused on the customer
- Make good business decisions
- Be flexible