ICT Network Administrator
- Job Ref: 1903
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The role of ICT Network Administrator will report directly to the ICT Manager.
You will be responsible for maintaining the systems that allow organizations to function and communicate, both internally and externally, on a daily basis.
You will be taking care of day-to-day network support, analysis, maintenance, monitoring and operation as well as planning and running initiatives to meet business demand.
You will also work within ICT Team on a regular basis to support various projects and initiatives.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs or upgrades.
- Prepare detailed network specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment maps and configurations or recommended technologies.
- Liaison between engineering group and ISP/Telecom circuit providers.
- Develop operational workflow and provide knowledge transfer to Operations teams.
- Ensure services have appropriate security and audit controls.
- Managing Windows workstations, MacOS devices, mobile devices (phones and tablets),
- Active Directory Services, System Center 2012, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Web
- Services, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 environment, VMware infrastructure,
- Storage (SAN), Blackberry Enterprise Server, Phone System and other server/client side services.
- Maintaining and monitoring core and support systems to ensure service continuity.
- Manage, monitor and review the relationships with service providers and ensure that high levels of service are received and maintained and liaise support requests in case of fault / service disruption.
- Ensure that the solution developed is the most competitive ensuring profitability for the business.
- Researching, designing, developing, testing and implementing new solutions to improve operations.
- Maintain standards of excellence in developing, implementing and supporting ICT solutions
- Deploy project and performance management skills and methodologies to ensure timely, effective and cost-efficient systems delivery and associated maintenance.
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed.
- Strong knowledge of network routing/switching (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, VLAN, Subnets, Trunking, Link, aggregation, multi cast, other LAN protocols).
- Experience in configuration and administration of routing and security protocols (BGP/iBGP/HRSP, OSPF, IPSec, MPLS, SSL).
- Desired knowledge and/or experience of managing Cisco/SonicWALL/Junipers/Dell network equipment.
- Ability to manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, ACL, VPN, IPS, Web filters.
- Knowledge of network management and analysis tools (for example: netflow, PRTG).
- Knowledge about design, administration, operation and maintenance of Microsoft Servers, Active Directory Domains, Group Policy Objects, SharePoint, IIS Web Services, Exchange Systems and SQL Databases.
- Troubleshooting methodology and root-cause analysis to resolve problems.
- Knowledge about computer hardware and peripherals.
- High motivation and organization to work under pressure with tight timelines on multiple projects with ability to prioritize tasks.
- Communicate clearly both written and verbal
- Troubleshoot and problem solve on a regular basis
- Work in a team as well as on own initiative.
- Be focused on the customer
- Make good business decisions
- Be flexible