Helpdesk Support - South Dublin
- Job Ref: 2744
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
My Client, Managed Services company operating on Irish – UK – US market, is looking for on-site Helpdesk Support for 6 months’ contract (with possibility to extend) based in South Dublin.
Purpose of Role:
Field Support role will be performing all client service actions that are delivered at the customer’s desk. These include: Break Fix, Desk Side Support, IMAC’s, etc. Responsibilities include performing moderate-to-complicated configuration and repair of desktop/notebook computer equipment, low-to-moderate moderate troubleshooting of technical / software issues on desktop/notebook computer equipment. This role combines good level technical skills with an emphasis on the delivery of a high level of customer service.
- Basic hardware and software problem diagnosis
- Basic software usage advice and minor configuration changes
- Replacement of faulty computer components (mainly Desktops/Laptops/Monitors)
- Incident documentation
- Customer interaction
- Completion of service tasks by following agreed procedures
- Management of stocks of PC’s and spare parts assigned to the technician
- Physical installation and / or de-installation of PC hardware
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments
- Work guided by standard procedures
- Priorities set by others and work according to pre-determined deadlines
- Organizes and completes tasks according to assigned priorities
- Highlight perceived weaknesses in established processes and activities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Diagnosis tools
- Knowledge of basic LAN network cable management
- General infrastructure understanding (networks, servers, AD etc.)
- Familiar with general usage Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of the purpose and operation of software distribution technologies (e.g. SCCM)
- Windows 7 Operation and configuration knowledge
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system environment
- Solid customer interaction skills
- A+ desktop or equivalent skill set is required; additional certifications for various hardware platforms desirable.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.