Head of Professional Services
- Job Ref: 5206
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Type: Permanent
Head of Professional Services – UK
- London Location
- Key leadership position, reporting to the Managing Director
- Lead a significant team both onshore and offshore
Our client is a trusted partner for leading organisations investing in digital transformation, providing end-to-end service across engineering, quality services and management consulting.
The Head of Professional Services reports to the Managing Director and leads the Heads of Service in Service Innovation, Business Development and People Management.
In this role you will lead and takes overall ownership of the Professional Services area and will be accountable for the development and execution of business wide solution strategies and plans that support business growth and delivery capability.
Assuming a visionary, strategist and leadership role for the Professional Services area, this position is responsible for continuing to grow the top line, while significantly improving the bottom line.
In this position you will be responsible for leading activities that ultimately maintain and achieve a growing revenue and profit stream. You will actively research and understand the marketplace to ensure we are developing the capabilities, and solutions that are relevant to our clients for today and the future.
Central to this position, is the support of business sales growth with effective service and solutions in solution design, pre-sales and delivery to a varied client group. You will ensure the business manages client engagements effectively to exceed customer expectations and grow our reputation and business.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent professional services and client management skills at executive level, leading and enabling teams across the business to exceed client expectations.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, highly articulate and credible at all levels internally and externally, consistently delivering inspiring, engaging and meaningful messages about current strategy and future direction.
- Excellent talent recruitment and development skillset creating a culture of employee engagement and empowerment to progress the company objectives.
- Experience in conflict management, engages constructively in conflict by creating an environment that supports honest, robust and creative dialogue.
- Experience of introducing new concepts or strategies that significantly improve or revise the way business is done through to implementation.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with the relevant areas within the organisation to achieve the right solution for clients.
- Innovative thinker with high problem solving skillset.
- Proven record in strategic planning and execution of a strategy, delivering to expected targets.
- An effective change leader, especially in the professional and client management services areas.
- Proven record in setting up company infrastructure to grow to the next stage.
- Proven record in spotting trends and opportunities and be able to develop and communicate both a near-term and longer term strategic vision and plans.
- Experience of connecting with key customers at CEO and CIO level.
- Ability to understand customer needs, challenges and capabilities in order to craft client solutions.
- Strong experience in pre-sale initiatives, and turning business opportunities into results with teams.
- Excellent knowledge of economic and financial management principles and practices.
- Very strong people leadership skills with experience in providing strategic input to structure the company.
- Experience of fostering a culture that supports intra-organisational relationships throughout the business in order to move the client experience forward.
- A proven record in setting and working to visionary but attainable goals, taking courageous decisions and implementing them successfully.
- Applies insight, originality and a broad perspective to generate revolutionary technical solutions with teams.
- Excellent change management skills, with experience in leading people through change, gaining support, commitment and inspiring confidence through clear communications.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Proven record in developing strategic financial planning processes and standards to support execution of business growth strategy and promoting adoption and adherence.
- Proven experien in the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Project Management qualification
- Management qualification or equivalent years of experience
- One or more industry certifications e.g. Prince 2, PMP etc.
- Additional relevant course or certification
- MBA or equivalent experience