Head of Pre-Sales
- Job Ref: 4995
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Head of Pre-Sales
About the company:
Our Client is a leading global independent third-party provider of IT support and maintenance for a renowned IT Solution provider IBM. Headquartered in Dublin, they also have subsidiaries in the UK & USA, and with partners worldwide.
They are expanding and looking to hire an experienced Head of Pre-Sales to join the company.
The Pre-Sales team are the bridge between sales and customer success. Supporting the sales team in scoping out the real value in every deal.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- The most important focus of this role will be to build, develop/mentor and lead a high performing team of license analysts, technical product analysts, Senior Technical Pre-Sales Consultants and IBM talent Recruitment Specialists.
- You are a skilled, dynamic and determined individual who is process driven with strong attention to detail. You have impressive interpersonal skills that allow you to develop long lasting relationships with customers and colleagues. You're also comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from analytics to adapt and improve our business processes.
- The successful candidate will effectively influence the strategic investments and roadmaps to drive innovation and improve our customer experience with a focus on understanding the industry trends and opportunities.
- You will work in close partnership with cross-functional stakeholders to improve process, policy, systems, tooling and knowledge.
- You will play a crucial role in the business development process and will work closely with the global sales team in managing work orders and scheduling priorities.
- Build, develop and lead a high performing team of license analysts, technical product analysts, senior technical pre-sales consultants and IBM talent recruitment specialists.
- Ownership and development of our pre-sales collateral and work with our marketing teams to ensure the message is communicated properly.
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand the requirements for each customer opportunity to ensure that licensing support is both effective and timely.
- In partnership with the sales team manage the sales pipeline through to contract close ensuring that the deal is successfully handed over to our post-sales teams.
- Define and maintain quality standards for all intelligence data and customer provided reports via implementation of KPI’s.
- Build networks and relationships with customers, formalising the relationships to improve market knowledge.
- Develop market insights, competitive intelligence and IBM product licensing demographics as key enablers for the business.
What we are looking for?
- Previous experience in the software or technology space (IBM Experience)
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading a team or function at a senior level
- Experience building teams and improving processes
- Experience in change management
- ITIL/Six Sigma experience
- Experience in effective stakeholder management at an executive level
- Attractive Base Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Career progression opportunities