Head of Function Engagement and PlanningI
- Job Ref: 2311
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Head of Function – Engagement & IT Planning
The Central Bank of Ireland is a dynamic, multifaceted organisation at the heart of Ireland’s financial system. The organisation incorporates the functions of central banking and financial regulation. We have responsibility for the regulation of the Irish financial services industry and the safeguarding of Irish financial stability.
The Central Bank of Ireland currently has a vacancy for a Head of Function – Engagement & IT Planning in the Information Technology Delivery Division on a contract of indefinite duration. This role is aligned to the Central Bank of Ireland’s Deputy Head of Division pay grade (DHOD). Please click here for further information on our salary scales.
Reporting directly to the Head of Division – IT Strategy Planning & Architecture, the successful candidate will work with the business and IT to define the roadmap of IT solutions and processes so that these are developed to meet the strategic requirements of the business and align with overall IT architecture strategies. Oversee governance across the IT management team and ensuring shared understanding of operational objectives and the cohesion of operating principles.
- Leading and developing the Engagement and IT Planning team to ensure a high performing, well-motivated and effective team who continuously develop their skills and achieve the required results for the organisation;
- Building strong relationships with senior users and stakeholders across the organisation in order to be a trusted partner and ensure customers are supported in articulating their strategic IT needs
- Key relationship manager for the business with IT; oversee a team of IT business partners that act as the key contact points for the business for both projects and service provision;
- Oversight of governance across the IT management team, ensuring that there’s a shared understanding of operational objectives and cohesion of operating principles;
- Working with the IT Portfolio Lead to have strategic oversight of the portfolio of live engagements and demand from the business to effectively deliver on priorities and manage expectations in the business. Working with the IT Portfolio Lead to assess sourcing approaches and to develop medium to long term sourcing options;
- Directing the team to work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to match customer needs and the technology roadmap, and ensure individual projects and programmes of change are aligned to process and IT architecture strategies and organisational drivers;
- Ensuring that IT process architecture and maturity is reviewed on a continuous basis and aligned to the business strategy. Have oversight of the programme of IT process improvements and engage across IT management to ensure buy-in;
- Oversight of the development of an educational and development framework to ensure staff development from a technical, business and interpersonal skills perspective;
- Providing input into the strategic direction of the Directorate; oversight of tracking and monitoring of progress against the relevant elements of the Strategic Plan and Divisional Balanced Scorecard so that any deviations are signalled early to facilitate timely remedial action;
- Active participation in wider management initiatives outside the directorate to promote change and continuous improvement at an enterprise level.
- An honours’ third level degree (Level 8 on the NFQ) in IT Engineering, MIS or other relevant discipline;
- Ability to operate strategically with senior business management to shape a portfolio of work, as this role will be a senior interface to the business, is critical;
- Ability to translate business demand into a portfolio of IT work and resource plan accordingly is essential;
- This role requires strong stakeholder management to help the organisation’s management prioritise a change agenda;
- Strong negotiation skills will be required to achieve consensus on roadmap priorities, budgetary spend, investment cases etc.