Purpose of Role
The Group IT Server and Cloud Services Manager is a key role within the Group IT function and will be responsible for the transition of IT services to the Cloud and management of the Server environment across the Group. The role will require leadership and co-ordination of 3rd line senior technical resources and ensure that the Project and BAU support & maintenance workload is properly organised and resourced to meet agreed deliverables. This is a broad role requiring a combination of technical, project management, financial management and people skills. There will be a significant component of relationship management in the role, requiring the individual to liaise and work collaboratively with Senior IT leadership across the Group.
Key Deliverables for the Role
- Work closely with the senior IT leadership team to determine technology strategy and implementation approach of future business services, End-User environment, and evolution of emerging technologies into the Group IT service portfolio to ensure that the business is being serviced in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Developing and managing strategic vendor and partnership relationships for delivery of critical IT Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Microsoft suite and collaboration services across the Group.
- Formulates, in conjunction with wider IT team, group wide IT policies, procedures, and standards for IT end user equipment, mobile devices (including standard software images), patching, anti-virus, Server build, Active Directory, e-mail and Cloud based services.
- Leads the Senior technical architect team with responsibility for design, support and implementation of Active Directory, E-Mail solutions, Cloud based services and hosting platforms of critical systems.
- Ensure IT services delivered by The Group IT Server Team and 3rd parties are delivered within Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and works with Divisional IT to ensure a co-ordinated, seamless and efficient execution of support and implementation.
- Ensures all Server and Cloud Services are consistently patched and secured to Group IT Security standards.
- Ensures Group IT components of Business Continuity plans are fully documented and tested regularly.
- Works with the Group IT Head of Service Delivery to produce service improvement plans where necessary and work with project teams to get these plans delivered – including applications coming to end of life, reduced support, etc.
- Lead the Group Cloud transition strategy, including the relocation of locally hosted services to Cloud/IaaS, adoption of Office 365 and implementation of Microsoft Enterprise Mobility suite.
- Ensure that key Group IT Server Team resources are tracked and allocated appropriately across the Projects portfolio.
Competencies & Experience required
- Good interpersonal skills with experience of interacting with senior executive team members in a Group HQ environment
- Proven vendor management and external / internal relationship management skills
- Excellent organisational and written skills and the ability to develop policies and procedures to define IT standards.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment and to tight timelines;
- Very strong customer service skills, understanding the importance of systems, process and structures in enabling efficient delivery of an effective organisation.
- Highly organised and disciplined, driven to deliver the required results.
- Hands-on approach to issue resolution.
- Strong judgement to work largely autonomously.
- A team player with the ability to communicate across functional departments and divisions.
- Project management, process design and financial budget management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in organising and managing a geographically diverse team of 3rd line technical resources.
- Strong knowledge and technical exposure to Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft SQL and Cloud hosting solutions.