- Job Ref: 3092
- Location: Leopardstown, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
German Linguist to join well-known gaming industry in Dublin
Are you a professional translator with a strong interest or passion for gaming? Then this is the perfect role for you!
Our client is a leading video game company based in Dublin, Ireland. They work worldwide, across all platforms and they provide a range of linguistic, testing and quality control services to Video Game Publishers, Developers and Marketing firms.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Translate player support, community and in game content from English to German to a high quality
- Perform quality assurance tasks in Game
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to quality results
- Suggest process improvements that will deliver on goal of optimal translation quality
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group Quality objectives
- Native German speaker
- 2 years’ experience as in-house video games linguist or freelancer
- Passion for the video game industry. Experience playing all game genres is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and used to work with different cultures
- Mastery of CAT tools
This is a full time permanent position with an attractive salary and a wide range of benefits.